Fairfield Police Rescue Man From House Fire
Some fast acting Fairfield police officers saved a man after the house he was renting caught fire Monday.Crews responded to the home on Military Road around 1:00 Monday afternoon after the the attic caught fire.Two Fairfield police officers were the first on the scene. They saw smoke coming from the house and a neighbor told them there was still someone inside. “I went in and I saw a gentleman with a prosthetic leg laying on the bed saying there was nothing wrong,” said Fairfield Police Officer Jacob Pierce. “The room was full of smoke. Officer O’Donnell was on the other side of the building, we had an open window. Then Lieutenant Murphy from the fire department came in and we pretty much had to forcibly remove the gentleman.”No word yet on what sparked the fire or the extent of the damage.