Some residents of Auburn are being urged to boil their tap water before using it for cooking or drinking after a water main break sent millions of gallons gushing into the street. The break Monday afternoon was caused by a construction crew that hit the 16-inch water pipe while preparing for the upcoming installation of a gas main. Water District Superintendent John Storer said the break on Court Street occurred near Russell Avenue drained about three million gallons in an hour. Residents witnessed a geyser for part of that time. As of Monday evening, about 30 area homes were still without water and residents were urged to boil their water until further notice.