Quick Response Helps Extinguish House Fire in Newport

Updated 2 years ago

A fire in Newport caused heavy smoke damage to a home on Williams Road, Thursday afternoon.Three people were inside when it started, but none were injured.Lt. Adam Noyes of the Newport Fire Department said help from multiple departments was key to preventing the flames from spreading past a back bedroom.A Fire Marshal’s investigation found that the blaze started from a malfunctioning power strip. “Everybody’s great response was a huge help in containing the fire pretty much to that one room,” said Noyes.The State Fire Marshal was called to investigate a cause.


MENU