Fire Rips Through Apartment Complex In Waterville
Firefighters from Waterville and Winslow responded to a late afternoon fire in Waterville Tuesday.They got the call just after 4:00 Tuesday afternoon after fire broke out at 19 Western Avenue in Waterville The structure houses four apartments.No word yet on what sparked the blaze, but everyone managed to make it out okay. There were some tense moments for one couple who lived there as they awaited words on the fate of their pets. “We were in our apartment and we heard the upstairs people running down and outside. And we were trying to figure out what was going on when someone banged on our door and told us to get out cause there was a fire,” Hilary Martin said. “The cats both, when he banged on the door, ran and hid and we didn’t have time to find them.”Fire crews did manage to locate the cats, Lenore and Malcolm, and they were safely returned to their owners.Two of the couple’s pet rats were also rescued.