University of Southern Maine Residence Hall Fire Intentionally Set

Updated 2 years ago

An early morning fire in a residence hall at the University of Southern Maine in gorham was intentionally set, that’s according to school officials.The fire was reported around 2:30 Monday morning, when a sprinkler system went off inside a recycling closet in Upton-Hastings Hall.The 200 students were evacuated from the hall for about three hours.Authorities say, the fire was contained to the closet.The State Fire Marshal’s Office and USM police are investigating.


MENU