Electrical Issue Sparked Blaze That Destroyed Waterville Home
The State Fire Marshal’s office has determined that a fire that destroyed a home in Waterville Wednesday was caused by an electrical issue. “Talking with some of the tenants, they were having electrical issues in their for quite awhile,” said Waterville & Winslow Fire Chief David LaFountain. “It has been determined that the cause of this fire has been electrical.” According to the Waterville Fire Department, the call came in around 5:00 Thursday afternoon for flames at a residence on Spruce Street.Eight people lived in the two family home that is being called a total loss by firefighters. All eight people made it out safely.The Red Cross has put up those left homeless in local hotels as they try to figure out new living arrangements.