Early Morning House Fire in Carmel

Updated 3 years ago

A fireplace used to take off last night’s chill was likely the cause of a house fire in Carmel early this morning.Crews from six towns were called to Cook Road just after midnight.When fire fighters arrived just minutes later, they said there were flames in the attic area of the home.everyone living there made it out safely, and a bird and cat were saved as well.One person did have to be treated for smoke inhalation, but they were not taken to the hospital.Chief Azevedo said the damage is mostly contained to the area up and around the fireplace.Crews cleared the scene around 3 am Wednesday morning.


MENU