Fire Fighters Tell Homeowners To Check Chimneys After Eddington Fire

Updated 3 years ago

A chimney fire in Eddington Tuesday night serves as a cautionary tale for other homeowners.Fire fighters responded to the home off Route 9 just before 7 P.M Tuesday evening.Fire fighters say there was smoke pouring out of the basement where the wood fire stove was located.Lieutenant Gene Kelso of the Eddington Fire Department says the chimney was about 60% blocked with creosotes, which likely led to the fire.The fire was knocked down quickly and there was only a little smoke damage to the house.Fire fighters say with the colder weather on the way, now is the perfect time to clean out your chimney’s to prevent a fire like this from happening to you.


MENU