Family in Parkman Loses Roof to Fire

Catherine Pegram

Updated 2 years ago

A family in Parkman will have to replace the roof of their home after a fire Monday, but it could have been much worse.Firefighters were called James Estes’ home on Wellington Road around 1 a.m.The fire started in the chimney and then spread to the walls.Estes and his wife made it out of the house okay.The Guilford Fire Chief says crews were able to contain the fire to the attic and the roof. They had it knocked down in about an hour.We’re told the family does have insurance.


MENU