Early Morning Fire at Clifton Home

Updated 2 years ago

A chimney fire is believed to be the cause of a house fire in Clifton early Monday morning.Crews from several towns were called out to Rebel Hill Road home just after 4 a.m.When they arrived, fire fighters found flames in the back roof area of the house.At first, they were told the couple inside had evacuated. But crews soon learned they were both still inside the burning home.”The female came out on the back side, I saw her on the back side and I went into the garage to the kitchen area, where it meets up with the kitchen,” Said Lt. Gene Kelso of the Eddington Fire Department. “I was trying to holler to him to get out of the home. He answered to me and I encouraged him to come out of the home.”Neither of them were injured.Lieutenant Kelso says the couple had just started using the wood stove two days ago.He adds that most of the damage is confined to the attic area, around the chimney.


MENU