An accidental fire Sunday afternoon caused damage to a home in Clinton.According to the Clinton Fire Department, it began around 2:45 P.M. on Battle Ridge Road.We’re told the home belonged to an elderly couple that currently lives in Florida. The Clinton fire chief says they’d been working on remodeling the home with their sons who still live in the area.There was no one home at the time of the fire. When firefighters arrived on scene, there was heavy smoke near the attic.Firefighters found a stovetop burner on inside the home. They tell us the couple’s sons were home just minutes before the fire.Officials are calling the fire accidental. The home was damaged, but we’re told the family has insurance.