Candles Believed to be the Cause of Fire in Hudson

Updated 2 years ago

Candles are believed to be the cause of a fire in Hudson Saturday night.Crews were called to the Hudson Road just after eleven.Fire officials say it appears the fire started in a downstairs bathroom and did spread to the second floor.They say they had the fire knocked down within thirty minutes of arrival.Officials say the house is salvageable but there is extensive damage in the bathroom and some smoke and water damage to a few bedrooms upstairs.Glenburn, Bradford and Charleston were called in to assist.They say a woman and her daughter were home and heard the smoke detector.” Oh smoke detectors are life savers. If you don’t have a smoke detector in your home call your local fire department and talk to somebody and see if you can’t get one. This I believe is why these people are living tonight because they had working smoke detectors and were able to get out in time,” said Hudson Fire Chief, Mike Simmons.The Fire Marshal’s office has been called in to confirm the cause of the fire.


MENU