UPDATE: State Police Investigating Rev. Carlson, Before His Death 

Many questions continue to surround the death of well-known Bangor community leader Reverend Bob Carlson, but allegations of abuse are starting to surface. Carlson’s body was found Sunday morning in the Penobscot River near the Penobscot Narrows Bridge in Prospect, with his car on the bridge.The State Medical Examiner’s Office has ruled Carlson’s death was a result of drowning.TV5 has learned that state police opened an investigation into Carlson last Thursday as a result of a letter received by the Penobscot County District Attorney’s office. State police spokesperson Steve McCausland says he can’t get into the specifics of what the letter said but he will tell us the investigation is still open.We reached out to Penobscot District Attorney, Chris Almy, but he had no comment on an investigation.As for Carlson’s death, The Waldo County Sheriff’s Office says they’re considering the possibility he jumped from the bridge.They’ve ruled out foul play but have yet to call his death a suicide.Though police won’t say what the investigation into Carlson is about, we do know an anonymous letter accusing Reverend Robert Carlson of abuse was sent to the the Katahdin Area Council, Boy Scouts of America.CEO Marshall Steinmann says they received the letter at their Orono office, Monday.Steinmann says he immediately turned it over to state police. Wednesday night, Rev. Carlson and his wife were honored by the Boy Scouts of America with the Distinguished Citizen Award.Steinmann says, at this point, it doesn’t appear that any of the issues surrounding Carlson involve scouting and that Carlson was never a registered member of the Boy Scouts of America. TV5 also spoke with a woman who says her brother was molested by Reverend Carlson in the 1970’s. She tells TV 5 her brother was 11 years old when it happened. We’re told the family attended the East Orrington Congregational Church where Carlson worked. The woman says her brother did not say anything until he was in his 40’s. The woman tells us her family has been contacted by State Police, since last Thursday.