Elderly Couple’s Death Likely Caused by Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Updated 3 years ago

Officials have released the names of an elderly couple who are thought to have died of carbon monoxide poisoning from a generator at their summer home that had lost electricity during Tropical Storm Irene.The bodies of 85-year-old Lewis Somers III and 84-year-old Elizabeth Somers of Pennsylvania were found inside their Raymond home Tuesday afternoon.Officials say when firefighters entered the home, a generator was running in the basement and carbon monoxide levels were high.


MENU