Beware of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Updated 3 years ago

As the power outages continue to increase, the Maine Emergency Management Agency is urging Mainers to be extremely careful when using gas-powered generators or similar alternative heating or power sources.Improper operation or placement of the devices can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.They recommend folks place generators outdoors in a well ventilated location and make sure it’s at least fifteen feet away from home windows or doors.Other safety tips can be found on the Maine CDC website.Warning signs of carbon monoxide poisoning are flu-like symptoms.If you suspect anyone in your household is being poisoned, leave the home immediately and call 9-1-1.


MENU