Stockton Springs Home Destroyed in Fire

Updated 4 years ago

Fire destroyed a home in Stockton Springs Thursday morning.Crews were called to Green Valley Road around 1:45am.Stockton Springs Fire Chief Harry Patterson tells TV 5 that the couple living there awoke to find flames coming out of their bathroom.One of the owners says they had been using a propane heater in there.Chief Patterson says the couple was lucky they were able to get out of the house safely.The entire home was engulfed in flames by the time fire fighters arrived.They were unable to save the home. A few kittens perished in the fire as well.We’re told the couple had no insurance.Chief Patterson also says the couple had no working smoke detectors in the house. He adds that the fire department is happy to give out free smoke alarms to any Stockton Springs resident who needs them.


MENU