WATCH LIVE

Empire Beauty School Remedies Carbon Monoxide Problem 

A carbon monoxide leak at Empire Beauty School in Bangor that sent more than a dozen people to the hospital yesterday was caused by a faulty heating/air conditioning unit, according to a spokesperson for the school.Angela Watson tells us a crack in the heat exchange is being repaired today and the school has another heating unit and portable heaters that are heating the school today, which is open.Watson says the Bangor Fire Department tested the air quality and gave them the go-ahead to hold classes.Watson says this incident was unrelated to a similar carbon monoxide leak in November. She says that was caused by exhaust fumes from a neighboring business.