Pittsfield Fire Caused by Smoking in Bed

Updated 3 years ago

Investigators say a fire that tore through a home in Pittsfield Monday night was caused by the homeowner smoking in bed.Crews were called to Estelle Street just before 11 p.m.The Pittfield Fire Chief told us when he arrived, fire was blowing out of the home.Crews from Newport and Detroit helped get the blaze under control.Everyone inside the house did make it out safely. But they lost everything, including the owner’s electronic wheelchair. The man has MS, and his wife has multiple health issues.


MENU