WATCH LIVE

Fire Destroys Home in Newport 

Fire crews from several towns battled a house fire in Newport Tuesday afternoon.It happened just off of Route 2 on Old Bangor Road.We’re told when fire crews arrived heavy fire was coming from throughout the right side of the home.The homeowner, Sylvia Larry, was inside at the time of the blaze. She tells TV5 she smelled something funny, like burning plastic. “It went fast, everything. I went back upstairs to grab some sneakers and the kitchen was totally black and everything was falling down from the ceiling, like the chandelier lights and everything.” Larry says she is not insured.She has two cats, they were inside at the time of the blaze. Right now, they are unaccounted for. The Fire Marshal’s Office has been called in to investigate. Fire officials tell us it looks as though the fire started in a wood stove.