WATCH LIVE

Northport Fire 

A Northport family were without a home this Christmas after fire tore through their house Friday.The Fire Marshal’s Office says a candle is to blame for the fire.It happened just after noon on the Cheri Lane Road.Authorities say 71-year-old Nina Tyutyunnyk suffered serious burns and smoke inhalation and was taken to Mass General Hospital in Boston by helicopter.They say three of her grandchildren were home, but two were outside playing at the time of the fire.The youngest, was rescued by one of the other children.Fire crews from Northport, Belfast and Lincolnville were able to contain the flames to one half of the home, but there was major smoke damage to the other half.”It’s never any fun to have a fire just before Christmas or Christmas day itself. We’ve been to them on Christmas day and that’s not any fun either.”We’re told the family was able to save some of the Christmas gifts that were inside the home.