Empire Beauty School Evacuated 

The Bangor Fire Department, along with hazardous response teams, are on the scene of a gas leak at Empire Beauty School on Broadway.The report came in sometime around 10 this morning, and the school has been evacuated.A witness at the school says around 9:30, students were evacuated because of the smell of propane.He says they were returned to class about 20 minutes later.He says about 10 minutes later, students began getting sick and passing out.School officials called the fire department.It’s reported that 9 people have been taken to the hospital.Authorities have not yet confirmed these details.School has been cancelled for the rest of the day.TV-5 is at the scene and will have more information as it becomes available.