Facelift for First Bangor Building After 1911 Fire 

One of downtown Bangor’s most historic buildings is getting a facelift.The Graham Building at the corner of Harlow and Central Streets is one of the first structures built in that area following the Great Fire of 1911. That fire burned more than fifty acres downtown.Contractor Bob Kelly of Bangor and his crew from House Revivers are doing the work.It’s expected to be finished next month, ahead of the 100th anniversary of the fire, next April.”What we’re doing is redoing the store fronts which is going to be the most noticeable to the public. We’re trying to restore them to a look that’s more keeping with the building when it was new.”The building is owned by Rudman & Winchell, Counselors at Law.It also houses the Maine Attorney General’s office as well as Java Joe’s and Bookmarcs Bookstore.