WATCH LIVE

Fire on Sidney Street 

A cigarette is to blame for a fire on Sidney Street in Bangor Wednesday morning.The call came in just before seven.Assistant Fire Chief, Darrell Cyr says when they arrived on scene flames were showing outside of the building.Cyr says the homeowner was putting water on it with a garden hose.Cyr says someone living at the home flicked a cigarette onto a window support and it caught the house on fire.He says the fire could have been a lot worse, but their quick response time helped.But Cyr says there were some challenges.” A lot of digging. It was in the walls and between the floors. So there wasn’t a lot of fire but there was a lot of small pockets of fire in different areas that the guys had to dig for.”No serious injuries were reported.