Young Man Dies in Madison Fire

Updated 4 years ago

An official from the Maine Fire Marshal’s office says a teenager from Norridgewock has died after a friend poured gasoline on a fire.17-year-old Daniel Pomerleau at the Shriners Hospital in Boston Sunday.State Fire Marshal’s Office Investigator Sgt. Ken Grimes says two 17-year-old boys were at an outside cooking fire on Saturday evening when one of them poured gasoline on the fire.Officials say the fire flared and ignited Pomerleau’s clothing.Pomerleau was taken to Maine Medical Center with severe burns over most of his body and then flown to Boston where he was pronounced dead.The name of the other boy is not being released.The fire remains under investigation.


MENU