WATCH LIVE

Early Morning Fire in Bucksport 

A pan left on a kitchen stove with grease in it, is being blamed for a fire in Bucksport early Saturday morning.According to Assistant Fire Chief Michael Denning, around 3 o’clock Saturday morning they received a call reporting fire in a 6-uit apartment complex on Route 1. When crews arrived, fire was showing from the second floor of the building.Denning says the fire was knocked down quickly.”Anytime you have an early morning fire in a multi-unit apartment it creates a lot of challenges. Most people are sleeping. We can attribute everyone getting out due to smoke detectors,” said Denning.The apartment where the fire took place suffered damage in the kitchen area.The family is staying with friends for the time being.The Red Cross has been called in to help.