WATCH LIVE

Old Town Man Died From Smoke Inhalation 

The State Medical Examiner’s Office says a man from Old Town died of smoke inhalation after his clothes caught fire while he was cooking. 82-year old Joseph Madore was found Monday morning by Old Town firefighters inside his apartment on Main Street.Fire officials say the accident happened when a pan of rice caught fire on an electric stove. the fire set off an alarm and sprinkler system.Damages were confined to Madore’s apartment.He is the fifth person to die in a fire in Maine this year.