WATCH LIVE

Old Town Man Dies in Fire 

The State Medical Examiner’s Office says a man from Old Town died of smoke inhalation Monday morning after his clothes caught fire while he was cooking in his apartment. 82-year old Joseph Madore was found by Old Town Firefighters inside his apartment on Main Street. Fire officials say the accident happened when a pan of rice caught fire on an electric stove. The fire set off an alarm and sprinkler system around 10 Monday morning.Damages were confined to Madore’s apartment.This is the fifth person to die in a fire in Maine this year.