WATCH LIVE

Power Surge Sparks Fire 

Fire Fighters spent more than eight hours battling a house fire on Deer Isle.Crews from at least five departments were called to Church Lane, just off Route 15.We’re told some kids inside the home called 9-1-1 around 4 o’clock Monday afternoon, saying that a power surge inside a bedroom had sparked a small fire.Dispatchers told the kids to immediately leave the home, which they did.Fire Fighters were unable to save the house.Electricity was out for some time, for neighbors in the area.Around the same time as that fire, another call came in just down the road on route 15 in Blue Hill.It appears a malfunctioning furnace sparked the blaze.We’re told the homeowner was able to get out safely and the fire was quickly put out.