Family in Dexter Recovering from House Fire 

Catherine Pegram

A family in Dexter that lost everything they own in a fire the day before the Fourth of July is asking the community for help. Lisa and Glen Race say an overheated laptop started the fire that wiped out their home on Main Street Hill. The couple lived there with their 5-year-old twin boys, 11-year-old daughter and Lisa’s mother.Lisa and her mom are in the nursing program at Husson University in Bangor. She says her mom is one of the students who helped a woman who was attacked on campus in May. A fund has been set up for the Race family at Maine Highlands Credit Union in Dexter. You can send donations to P.O. Box 233 in Dexter – 04930 is the zip. The family says the greatest need right now is for clothes.