Fire ripped through a two family home on Water Street in Waterville this afternoon.The call came in around 4:20. A woman who lives in the building called it in. Crews from Waterville and Winslow responded to the fire. There were about 40 fire fighters on scene.Officials say when they arrived there was heavy fire on the first and second floors of the building. They say four people live in the building. No one was hurt in the fire. However, two cats and a bird were lost in the blaze.Officials say the cause of the fire was careless disposal of smoking materials. They tell us the home is heavily damaged, but not a total loss.