WATCH LIVE

Augusta Man Dies After Suffering Burns in Fire 

A man severely burned in an house fire in Augusta has died.Firefighters were called to eastern avenue just before five o-clock Wednesday night. When they arrived, they were told the homeowner, 51-year-old Michael Adam, was trapped inside. A tenant who was renting a room at the house actually tried to pull Adam from the building, but was forced out by the intense heat and smoke. Firefighters were finally able to go in through a window and pull adam out of the building. Investigators aren’t sure what started the fire, but say it looks like it started near the kitchen stove. Two people were also injured in the fire. One firefighter was treated at the scene for burns to his head and a police officer was taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation.