Fire at the Stucco Lodge 

A fire at the Stucco Lodge on Rt. 2 in Veazie called the attention of crews from three communities this afternoon. Fire Fighters from Veazie, Orono, and Bangor responded to the blaze.When crews got there they say there was heavy smoke and fire coming from the kitchen of the first floor apartment. Officials say it started as a grease fire in that kitchen. “Quite a bit of damage in the kitchen area on the first floor, but again the fire was contained to the kitchen. A lot of heat and smoke and water damage to the rest. Just checking for extension, and checking for heat sources throughout.” Says Captain Pete Metcalf with the Veazie Fire Deptartment.One person suffered a minor injury and was treated at the scene. The red cross has been called to help the family that lives in that apartment.Rt. 2 was down to one lane and traffic was diverted to the Kelly Road while crews were putting out that fire.