Ellsworth Fire 

Crews responded to a fire on the Foster Road in Ellsworth earlier this evening. Officials say the fire was called in by a passerby at around 5:30.The fire started in the bedroom of an apartment above Tracey’s Salon. No one was home at the time.Crews from Ellsworth and Lamoine responded to the call. “When we arrived there was heavy smoke and fire coming from the second floor of the building, from the eves. The initial crew made entrance and knocked it down. We got a crew into the second floor and got the rest of it overhauled.” Says Ellsworth Fire Chief Jon Marshall.Officials say the fire was contained to that apartment. There was some water damage to other parts of the building. The Red Cross has been called to assist the family.No word yet on what caused that fire.