Fire Destroys Exeter Home 

A fire in Exeter displaced a homeowner Thursday night.A neighbor actually noticed the blaze, and called it in to the fire department.The owner was not home at the time.When crews arrived at the Champeon Road residence, the house was fully involved.Exeter, Dexter, and Corrina, along with crews from the surrounding area assisted with fighting that blaze.They were able to contain the flames to the house, and kept it from spreading to an attached barn.But the crews did run into some issues, and wouldn’t have been able to do as much as they did if not for all departments working together. “It was a main house, a shed that connected, as you can see, to quite an extensive set of buildings and barns that were fully stocked with equipment and things. Unfortunately the house is a total loss, but we were able to save some of the items in the barns,” Said Assistant Fire Chief Shawn Richards of the Corinna Fire Department. “We ran out of water after our initial attack. Got it back fairly quickly with the great mutual aid response and the water shuffle. Got our water back fairly quickly. That helped us prevent the loss of all the buildings.” The fire marshal has been called in to determine a cause of the fire.And the Red Cross was called to assist the homeowner, who was not insured.