Augusta Civic Center Fire 

A fire Thursday morning forced the evacuation of the Augusta Civic Center.The call came in just before nine.Firefighters say some insulation under some bleachers on the second floor caught fire.Electrical crews were working in the building, and firefighters say one of their wires shorted out causing the fire.But fast work averted any serious problems. “We were here within about three minutes the civic center staff did an excellent job, the building was evacuated,” Said Augusta’s Fire Chief Roger Audette. “They met us, told us exactly what and when the fire was and so we were able to quickly get up there and knock it down.”In all about 200 people were evacuated from the civic center.No one was hurt, and everyone was back in the building about an hour later.