WATCH LIVE

Dexter Fire Cause Found 

A fire in Dexter Sunday afternoon was caused by the failure of an extension cord receptacle in the living room of a house on upper Main Street.The State Fire Marshal’s Office says the recepatcle was near the entertainment center.The residents, a woman and two children, a 14-month old and a 4-year old, were all able to escape without injury.According to Dexter Assistant Fire Chief Frank Wallace, firefighters had the blaze out in about a half hour because it was contained mostly to that one room.There was smoke and water damage throughout the house.