Early Morning Fire in Carmel 

Fire crews were called out to Carmel early Monday morning for a fire at an apartment complex.The call came in around 2 am to the Hampden Road. Firefighters say the fire started in a control box that controlled the furnace and a pellet stove.We’re told seven people were living in the apartment building. They all made it out of the building safely thanks in large part to the smoke detectors.Crews from five departments were on the scene for about an hour and a half.Damage was minimal. The fire was contained to just one of the apartments.