Bangor Auditorium Fire Could Have Been Worse 

A fire in a boiler room at the Bangor Auditorium Wednesday night sent a worker to the hospital but it could have been much worse. Two employees cleaning up after a basketball game smelled smoke. They discovered that a small box in a boiler room was on fire.The two men called the fire department, then put the flames out. 20-year-old Mickey Phippen was treated for smoke inhalation at a Bangor hospital then released. Auditorium management says things would have been much worse if the fire wasn’t discovered and dealt with so quickly.