WATCH LIVE

Fire Takes Home While Family Shopping 

A Pittston home was destroyed by fire Wednesday morning.Crews were called to the home on Smithtown Road before noon.The homeowner said he emptied ashes from the woodstove into an ash bucket and placed it outside near the porch. He said he left for a short time, and came home to find the house filled with smoke.By the time firefighters arrived, there was little they could do.The homeowner and a dog got out safely. The rest of the family was out Christmas shopping.