WATCH LIVE

Winterport House Fire Ruled an Accident 

Catherine Pegram

Investigators are pointing the finger at a propane heater for a fire in a home in Winterport.The call to Souder Station Lane came shortly after 8 a.m. Tuesday. Several fire departments responded. The house had an addition on the backside. Investigators say the fire started there, in the area near a propane heater. They’re calling it an accident. No one was home, but two pets died in the fire. The local Red Cross chapter is helping the family with food, shelter and clothing. If you would like to support the Disaster Relief fund you can call the Red Cross Pine Tree Chapter at 941-2903.