Old Town Fire Blamed on Computer Error 

Fire investigators say a malfunctioning laptop computer sparked a fire in an apartment building on Stillwater Avenue in Old Town Sunday night.We’re told there were three apartments in the building, only two were occupied, and no one was home at the time.The fire started in apartment number one.Crews from Old town, Orono, Glenburn, and Milford all responded.Firefighters arrived on scene to see heavy smoke showing from the living room area. “It was going up the side of the building, lapping at the eaves,” Recalled Old Town Fire Fighter Mike Hildreth. “We made an aggressive attack through the front door, knocked most of the heavy fire down. We spent three or four hours chasing it through the attic.”A cat died in the fire.The displaced tenants, including a student from U Maine, are staying with friends.