Young Girl Dies in Apartment Fire 

In Lewiston an 8-year-old girl who was staying overnight with her cousin and an uncle died Monday when the uncle’s apartment caught fire.Taylor McQueeney lived across the street from the apartment which began to burn around 3:30 Monday morning.Her body was found in the third floor apartment around 8 Monday morning.The fire spread to three other buildings.No other injuries have been reported but as many as seven families were displaced.The State Fire Marshal’s Office says a candle left burning overnight started the fire.Investigators say candles were being used for light in the third floor apartment because the power had been turned off because of non-payment of the power bill.