Machias Fire 

The State Fire Marshal says a cigarette butt is to blame for a fire in Machais that caused quite a commotion Thursday.A building on Main Street that houses apartments and businesses was damaged.And traffic was re-routed for much of the day.Crews from Machias, Marshfield, Machiasport, Jonesboro, and East Machias responded.Fire Chief Joey Dennison says they were able to contain the fire to the first and second floors, he believes that overall the building can be salvaged.Dennison says a cigarette caught a tree on fire, which then spread to the building.