WATCH LIVE

Fire on Bog Road in Hermon Wakes Residents 

Wayne Harvey

A fire early this morning awoke residents on the Bog Road in Hermon.They heard the explosion of a propane tank in the attached garage, and called the fire department a little before five o’clock this morning.Hermon crews arrived on the scene quickly, and with mutual aid from other departments had the flames under control in about an hours time.Both residents made it out of the house safely, and because of the quick response, the house should be spared according to Hermon Fire Chief Larry Willis.”We knocked it down with the first truck and we got a couple tankers here and vented the roof between the garage and the house, cut a good trench in there so a good stop all the way around so the house is pretty well usable.”The Fire Marshal’s Office said this afternoon the fire was accidental, and started after an electrical malfunction in an attached barn.