Elderly Man Escapes Flames in Newburgh 

An elderly man escaped his burning home in Newburgh Wednesday night.Crews responded to a house on Croxford Road around 7-30 pm.It started as a chimney fire, then flames spread to a wall, and up to the roof.81-year-old Norris Nealy lived at the home.A viewer says that friends of Nealy’s saw the smoke and called the fire department.Crews from five towns came to help put out the fire.Newburgh fire chief Gary Sibley tells TV5 the old walls of the home made it tough for crews to actually reach the flames, and they were unable to save the home.They didn’t clear the scene until 4:15 Wednesday morning.