WATCH LIVE

Falling Electric Prices 

The Public Utilities Commission on Friday approved a 40% decrease in the electricity portion of bills for Bangor Hydro business customers that use the default &quot:standard offer.&quot:

The price will fall from 13.3 cents pkh to an average of about 8.1 cents. The lowest price in three years.

Electricity costs account for about 60% of monthly bills, with transmission and distribution rates accounting for the other 40%.

Electricity rates are going down for nearly all residential and business customers in Maine come March 1 to reflect falling prices for natural gas.