The father and children that lived in that house were out for a snowmobile ride when they got the call that their house was on fire.
Departments from five towns had responded to the fire on N. Dexter Road just after 4 o’clock Monday afternoon.
Crews were initially concerned there were children still inside the house. But the stairwell had burned out, so they went in though the roof to search the floors that way.
16-year-old Joshua Emerson says they were all in shock when they returned home and saw what happened.
":I just walked up and looked at it and i’ve just been kinda- it’s really overwhelming. There are a lot of people here. I’m trying to think about what I’m going to do tonight and what we’re going to do.":
He says his family had just moved into the house a couple of months ago.
The state fire marshal’s office says they will return to the home Tuesday to determine where and how the fire started.