WATCH LIVE

Electric Rates 

The new rates going into effect March 1 reflect a 43% drop for CMP’s medium-sized business customers and a 33% drop for large businesses customers. Bangor Hydro’s medium business customers will see their rates go down by 44%.

The rate cuts reflect a drop in the electricity supply costs, which account for about 60% of monthly bills. Transmission and distribution rates, which account for the other 40%, will be announced later this winter.