Hermon Business Fire 

Emergency crews were notified when a fire alarm went off at Overhead Door on Liberty Drive just after 4 pm.

By the time they arrived, heavy smoke was pouring out of the building.

Fire fighters were called in from several towns to help the Hermon Fire Department out.

Luckily, no one was inside at the time of the fire.

Crews managed to get some trucks and equipment out of the building, but the front part of the business, the office area, was severely damaged.

Mark Talon is the general manager and co-owner of Overhead Door. He says he and his business partner are devastated.

&quot:We’ve had the business since 1979. It’s been going strong. This is our fifth location. We’ve added on four times over 20 years. And it’s just disheartening to see what’s happening now.&quot:

Talon says the building is insured, and he and his staff will start assessing the damage sometime Monday.