WATCH LIVE

Child Dies of Accidental Strangulation 

Investigators say a 2-year-old

Massachusetts boy died from strangulation when he became entangled

in a portable crib’s mesh netting in Maine.

Steve McCausland from the Maine Department of Public Safety says

the boy apparently stood up and became entangled in netting over

the top of the crib. He says the boy, identified as Noah Thompson,

was discovered Saturday morning at a home in the island community

of Vinalhaven.

McCausland says the boy and his parents, Mark Thompson and Lisa

Rosen of Harvard, Mass., were visiting Vinalhaven for the Christmas

holiday.

The state medical examiner concluded the cause of death was

accidental strangulation. Maine police investigate all deaths of

children under 3.